How Do I Make My Hair Grow Faster?
Growing your hair out takes a considerable amount of patience. In fact, your hair only grows about half an inch per month. Fortunately, there are some things you can do to promote healthy, longer hair!
Foods that Help with Hair Growth
Food packed with vitamins and minerals like vitamin C, biotin and iron will greatly improve the strength and vibrancy of your hair. Make sure to incorporate the following foods into your diet:
- Salmon - high in omega-3 fatty acids which is great for the heart, hair, skin and eyes
- Nuts (particularly Brazil) - contain selenium which helps boost hair growth
- Lentils & Beans - L-lysine is found in these foods, boosting the shape and volume of hair
- Eggs - excellent source of biotin
- Spinach - leafy greens contain magnesium, iron, and folate
- Unsweetened Greek Yogurt - probiotics help your body absorb plenty of nutrients
If you’re also concerned with nail and skin health, these foods will be sure to do the trick. Keep in mind that it can take time to notice a considerable difference.
Take Care of Your Scalp to Promote Hair Growth
A healthy scalp has a major effect on how quickly your hair grows, so it’s important to be mindful when brushing, shampooing and using the blow dryer. Treat your scalp with some much needed TLC!
- Massage your scalp with sulfate-free shampoo to remove dead skin cells
- Avoid washing your hair every day
- Wet hair is extremely fragile; use a wet brush to avoid breakage
- Sleep with a silk pillowcase as it creates less friction and doesn’t disrupt the cuticle layer of the hair
Use a Heat Protectant
A heat protectant is essential when it comes to hair growth as it acts as a barrier between your styling tool and your hair. This protectant locks in moisture, prevents hair from frizzing and creates a sleek, soft look. When a heat protectant isn’t used, you hair gets extremely dry which leads to split ends. Over time, the split ends crawl up the hair which leads to breakage and it becomes almost impossible to grow your hair.
Schedule Regular Haircuts
Ironically, you’ll need to cut your hair to grow it out. Schedule a trim about every six to eight weeks. A trim won’t take off any length, rather, it will remove broken and damaged split ends.
Use Nourish’s Hair Natural Hair Growth Products
Nourish Beauté offers a variety of all-natural hair growth products including shampoos, gummies, serums and conditioners. All of our products are paraben, cruelty free, and made in the USA. Try out Vitamins Hair Growth Support Shampoo and Conditioner to promote thicker, longer, healthier hair. The DHT blockers used in our hair growth shampoo promotes natural hair regrowth and directly nourishes the hair follicles & scalp. Check out our hair growth products today for better hair, everyday!