The health of your hair changes with each season. Factors such as temperature, wind, and humidity all affect your hair, especially during winter! So if you’re experiencing hair problems during the coldest time of the year, don’t worry because it’s completely normal. Winter often brings with it dull hair that has lost all of its silky texture. If you want to learn what you can do to keep your hair healthy during winter, read on:
• Hydrate: The amount of water you consume affects the health and appearance of your
hair. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day especially during harsh winters to keep hair
moisturized, silky, and soft.
• Wear a hat: You can easily protect your hair by wearing a hat whenever you step
outside. It might not sound like much, but believe us when we say that a hat is one of
the most useful things you can do to prevent rain, wind, and snow from damaging your
• Condition: No other time of year should you condition your locks more than during
winter. Use a conditioner with natural ingredients, especially those fortified with hair-
loving ingredients such as biotin, Argan Oil, coconut oil, and castor oil for added support.
• Regular trims: Winter hair problems don’t have to mean that you have to chop your
beautiful long locks off. However, trimming just an inch or two every 4-6 weeks will
reduce chances of developing split ends.
• Let your hair dry naturally: Using heat-based styling products such as curling irons and
hair dryers in the winter can result in freezing and breaking. Opt for air drying, which is
the healthiest way you can possibly let your hair dry. Winter is a good time to let your
• Shower with warm water instead of hot: We all love a steaming hot shower during cold winters, but the hot temperatures aren’t good for your hair. It can cause dry, brittle, and damaged hair. Instead, turn down the temperature a few notches and shower with
warm water instead.
• Use hair growth serums: If you’re prone to winter hair shedding or loss, give your hair
some love by using natural growth serums. These products are designed to target hair
loss right at the root, so you can nip the problem in the bud.
• Use a humidifier: Indoor heating systems strip the air of moisture, but humidifiers do
the opposite. Investing in a humidifier are more effective in keeping your hair healthy.
• Wash with sulfate-free shampoo: There is a common misconception that washing your
hair less during the winter actually prevents seasonal damage. The truth is that since
your hair is exposed to harsher elements during the winter, it’s actually more important
to rinse regularly. Using an organic, sulfate-free shampoo contains all the nutrients that
your hair needs to thrive during winter.
• Keep your hairstyle low-maintenance: The less you have to fuss about your hair in the
winter, the better your hair health will be. Even simple things like combing throughout
the day will increase the chances of developing split ends.
Nourish your hair during the winter months with the right shampoo and conditioner. After cleansing with our VITAMINS Shampoo or PREMIUM Shampoo, follow up your wash with our VITAMINS Hair Growth Support Conditioner.
Prevent dry hair during the winter months by keeping your hair moisturized. Use the a conditioner that will feed your hair with organic ingredients like biotin, Argan Oil, Coconut Oil and Jojoba Oil.